08 January 2010

Day 26/365 - Chiaroscuro/Baroque?

Friday, January 8.

Haven't done any painting in a while; this will have to suffice for now.

I used a painting effect in Photoshop to transform this photograph into a pseudo-painting.
It very strongly reminds me of a Baroque/Renaissance painting.
When I took my first exposure and saw the pose and setup, it reminded me of an old portrait so I tried my best to match that vision.

I've been looking at my photographs lately and find myself very unhappy with them. I haven't been putting any of myself into my work, and it definitely shows. I have to start taking more time with my work and seeing it as something that I want to do, rather than something that I have to do. I started this project to help myself, not hinder progress and bore myself to death.
From today on, it may be more difficult to take more time to do exactly what I want because of school starting this Monday and traveling to Europe right after graduation, but I really have to try.

Another beginning, another end, another photograph.


I halt to the power
I see behind the curtain.
The voice and the eyes
ring in my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment