08 May 2009

A Weekend Away

I'm leaving in a mere three days.

That's exciting. Not too scary, though. Let's hit the road; I'm ready.

All I have left to do is get some laundry done and then get everything packed. My bicycle is amazing. The ride is so smooth, and aside from the front brakes sucking hardcore, everything is perfect. I'll just take the brake off though. I really only need one anyway, right? It's never given me anything but trouble so who cares? That settles it.

I don't really have much else to say, other than I'm going to be using Couchsurfing.org for most of my sleeping arrangements, so if you know anyone one there along my route or if you know anyone in general that would be willing to house a traveler, I would very much appreciate it. I really can't wait to get going, though.

It really can't come soon enough. Enjoy your summer.

The hawks fly overhead,
circling the barren ground.
And the cars drive past with quite a sound,
as their tires dust the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment