04 December 2010

Counting Down to the End


Tom
Originally uploaded by ChristopherFecio
It appears as though my 365 Days project is coming to an end. I looked at the calendar yesterday and realized that I only had 11 days left. Needless to say, I grabbed a couple exposed rolls of film and took them to Colortech to get the developed in time to post them; they'll be ready on Wednesday.

The remainder of the project (the last ten days) will all be shot on my good ol' Nikon D200 that I finally get back from Kara, who was borrowing it this semester for her photography class. Looks like I'll have to learn how to use it all over again.

I already have my final day planned out. Tom's going to help me with the setup and shooting since I'll be using strobes for it. Go big or go home, right? I can't wait to finally shoot it. I also have another day planned out that will give a tip of the cap to the most important things that I needed for this project, the cameras themselves. It will most likely be a goofy self portrait, but fun to do.

I'm pretty hooked on strobing now that I've gotten a taste of it. There is so much more that is possible when one can control every aspect of the lighting in the photograph (aside from ambient light, of course). I've been watching some Joey L. videos over the last week and he explains his uses of lights. Really cool. And Tom and I enjoy poking fun at some of his choices.

Don't remember if I shared, but I'm building a darkroom in my basement. I have the space all sized out and am beginning to make sketches and plan everything out. I already have the enlarger, a ton of trays and chemicals, and enough paper and film to choke a donkey. Just have to toss up some walls. We have a sink in line and just have to pick it up and hook it up. It's all coming together. Oh yeah.

I'm also going to be putting together my UV light box soon. And that means more Gum Bichromate prints will be on their way. I just can't wait!

It's getting better all the time.


Dancing on the stairs,
you feel your head start to spin.
You can sit down at any minute,
and prop your knees under your chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment