26 December 2010

Another Week Gone


Next to White
Originally uploaded by ChristopherFecio
This past week has been a bit of an off time for me. I took a break from a lot of my normal life in order to get everything ready for the holidays.

I feel empty at the end of the day when I don't pull out a camera. I feel empty at the end of the day when I don't have an image to share.

That's not to say that I'm considering another 365 days project, though. The project is tough. It sometimes means early mornings, or late nights, just to make sure that I can find something worth sharing. I want to save up some money and get a nice set of lights so that my work is able to become a bit more versatile before I even seriously give another 365 a thought.

If there is one thing I have realized, it's that self portraits are becoming more interesting. Not exactly easier to take or more fun to work with, but more wholesome. I think that Cindy Sherman was really onto something. It isn't about being completely self-absorbed or about loving to look at oneself; it's about availability, location, and movement.

I'm still searching for a personal style with my work. Perhaps it won't be long. Or perhaps my style is a lack of personal style. Perhaps my versatility and ability to create a variety of images is a style in itself.

Let's take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment