29 December 2009

Day 16/365 - Watercolors

Tuesday, December 29.

I'm going to be using gum prints for my final Senior Thesis project. I changed my original idea from months ago, so I'm no longer using pinhole cameras or 4x5 cameras. Instead, I'm using a digital camera to photograph certain abandoned buildings in the area to recreate an architectural studio that questions time. It is as much about the actual processes of gum printing and cyanotype as it is about the subject. These buildings are forgotten and lost, except among the few who still visit them, often illegally, to learn more about them and experience their grandeur. Yes, it's trespassing, but sometimes the law only prevents society from fixing itself.

I still have to find blueprints for the building, or else, make my own. That might not be such a bad idea either. I found some old maps of the area so I could always just go and create the interiors based on my own measurements and experience. I guess we'll see how it goes.

These watercolors are three that were recommended to me. So they are my first step. New paper also.


Try and try and try,
until you have mastered.
Failure is as much a sign of education
as success.

No comments:

Post a Comment