26 June 2009

A New Adventure

One adventure has ended, and another is beginning.

I've decided to completely customize the one road bike that I found in the garbage a couple months back. The frame is mostly solid, with just a bit of rust. I've already stripped most of the paint and am going to be sanding it down soon. Bare, beautiful steel is my goal for now. Of course, the priming and painting and coating afterward will come soon enough...I love when the paint strips off.

And this is what it looked like last night:
The rest of the paint should be off by the end of today. Then sanding it tomorrow or Sunday and prepping it to be sprayed.

I can't wait to really get going on it. It's going to look amazing when done. I'm thinking solid yellow with a small argyle pattern on the crossbar. Eventually yellow rims and tires, and a seat if I can find one. We'll see.

To do with your own hands
is to learn the way of the world.
To love what you do
is to truly live.

1 comment: