13 August 2010

The Waiting Game

We're all playing it. We wait, and we wait, and then we get sick of waiting, but we wait some more.

At this moment I'm waiting for my package to arrive UPS. The zipper on the back of my Jeep top broke and it's still under warranty so they sent me a new one for free. It is supposed to come today. I just wish it would get here so I can stop waiting. It's still nice enough out to put it on before it gets dark.

And as I'm waiting, I'm also forcing you to wait. I've begun shooting film again and it looks like it isn't going to be uploaded as quickly as in the past. I'm shooting color negative 4x5 and color negative 70mm, and both can only be developed at a lab in Rochester (well, that's the closest place anyway). The place I go here, Color Tech Imaging, will only do 4x5 color if it's slide film, and they won't even touch the 70mm because they don't have the correct equipment. That just means I get to take a nice trip out to Rochester once I save up a bunch of exposed film. All of it is expired so I'm pretty excited to see how i looks. The 70mm is for the camera that my dad let me use, his father's Kodak Monitor Six-16. They don't actually make the film for it so I have to cut and spool my own. No big deal.

So this is your warning that I'll fall pretty far behind on my uploads. Sorry.


Roll yourself over
in your sleep.
Hear the mattress moan
and your bones creak.

No comments:

Post a Comment